Friday, May 21, 2010

Finalmente, bienvenidos a Uruguay!



After delays and certain airplane mishaps, I am finally in Uruguay and anxiously awaiting dinner when I will present my mountains of gifts to my mentor, his wife, his nanny and his two kids. But I will give you a couple highlights of my expedition to this cold and moist country.

My flight to Fort Worth, Texas was fine, spent the whole flight talking with an Alabama native about his trucks. And catching the next international airplane wasn't too difficult. When I got on the plane from Fort Worth to Buenos Aires, I was pretty much planning to see the States after 3 months. Being exhausted from the lack of sleep from the past couple of days, I went to sleep relatively quickly on the international flight. But I soon woke up to the above.

The only thought that went through my head was: what the...?

It turns out there was a medical emergency that forced us to turn back to Houston, Texas. I just could not seem to leave the country. But the subsequent flights went well, and it turns out my connecting flight to Montevideo was waiting for us. And now Montevideo, here I am:

1 comment: