Friday, May 28, 2010

Y otro día pasa...

Today I was the only one in lab, since everyone else had went to the congreso which is also for the Semana de las Ciencias. I took the liberty to take some fotos of my experiments and to try out a couple of functions of my camera. Using verbal guidelines I received from my mentor yesterday, I performed another dissection. In the first picture, there is the fish in the anesthetizing bath prior to encephalectomy. Without any supervision, I finally achieved a good prep and took a couple pictures to prove it.

Afterwards, without people there and without internet throughout the Instituto, I decided to take an afternoon excursion to the Plaza a la Bandera. I've gotten relatively used to juggling different bus routes to get where I want to go, as long as its along the Avenida Italia. I took a couple of pictures and asked a couple  people to take some pictures. Right next to it, I went to visit the Tres Cruces Mall, which like the name implies has a couple of giant crosses next to it. This is the mall that I would go to if I wanted to go to Buenos Aires by bus. I ate a milanesa at the mall, it wasn't that good, but the server looked like the lab manager of my old lab! As if she was a twin. Her voice was about the same as well. Afterwards I didn't spend too much time in the mall. Instead, I walked around the mall and visited the street side shops. Then I took the long bus home, which went through some of the more sketchier neighborhoods where there were wild horses, and randomly a Mormon church. And that's that.

1 comment: